Thursday 2 December 2021



72 Divine Opulances of God - Vibhuthi

Mentioned in Srimad BhagavadGita Chapter 10 -Vibhuthi Yoga




 

1)      अहमात्मा गुडाकेश सर्वभूताशयस्थित

 I am seated in the heart of all living entities

2)      आदित्यानामहं विष्णु

I am Vishnu among the twelve sons of Aditi

3)      र्ज्योतिषां रविरंशुमान्

I am the sun  among luminous objects.

4)      मरीचिर्मरुतामस्मि

I am Marichi among the Maruts

5)      नक्षत्राणामहं शशी

I am the moon among the stars in the night sky.

6)      वेदानां सामवेदोऽस्मि

I am the Sāma Veda amongst the Vedas

7)      देवानामस्मि वासव:

I am the Indra among the celestial gods.

8)      इन्द्रियाणां मनश्चास्मि

I am the mind among the senses

9)      भूतानामस्मि चेतना

I am consciousness  among the living beings .

10)   रुद्राणां शङ्करश्चास्मि

I am Shankar Among the Rudras

11)   वित्तेशो यक्षरक्षसाम् 

I am kubera among the YakshaRakshas.

12)   वसूनां पावकश्चास्मि

I am Agni among the Vasus

13)   मेरु: शिखरिणामहम् 

I am Meru among the mountains.

14)   पुरोधसां मुख्यं मां विद्धि पार्थ बृहस्पतिम् 

I am Brihaspati among priests

15)   सेनानीनामहं स्कन्द:

I am Kartikeya among warrior chiefs

16)   सरसामस्मि सागर:

I the ocean among reservoirs of water.

17)   महर्षीणां भृगुरहं

I am Bhrigu among the great seers 

18)   गिरामस्म्येकमक्षरम्

I am Om among the  sounds.

19)   यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि

I am JapaYagna (chanting of Holy name) Among Yagna

20)   स्थावराणां हिमालय:

I am the Himalayas among immovable things

21)   अश्वत्थ: सर्ववृक्षाणां

 I am the peepul tree (sacred fig tree) among trees

22)   देवर्षीणां नारद:

I am Narada among the celestial sages.

23)   गन्धर्वाणां चित्ररथ:

I am Chitrath  among the Gandharvas

24)   सिद्धानां कपिलो मुनि:

I am the sage Kapil  among the siddhas .

25)   उच्चै:श्रवसमश्वानां , विद्धि माममृतोद्भवम्

I am  Ucchaihshrava( begotten from the churning of the ocean of nectar) among horses

26)   ऐरावतं गजेन्द्राणां

I am Airavata among all lordly elephants

27)   नराणां नराधिपम्

I am the king among humans.

28)   आयुधानामहं वज्रं

I am the Vajra (thunderbolt) among weapons

29)   धेनूनामस्मि कामधुक् 

I am Kamadhenu among the cows.

30)   प्रजनश्चास्मि कन्दर्प:

I am Kaamdev, the god of love, among all causes for procreation

31)   सर्पाणामस्मि वासुकि:

I am Vasuki among serpents.

32)   अनन्तश्चास्मि नागानां

I am Anant  among the snakes

33)   वरुणो यादसामहम् 

I am Varun  among aquatics

34)   पितृणामर्यमा चास्मि

I am Aryama  among the departed ancestors

35)   यम: संयमतामहम् 

I am Yamraj, the lord of death among dispensers of law

36)   प्रह्लादश्चास्मि दैत्यानां

I am Prahlad among the demons

37)   काल: कलयतामहम्

I am time  among all that controls.

38)   मृगाणां मृगेन्द्रोऽहं

I am  lion among animals

39)   वैनतेयश्च पक्षिणाम्

I am Garud among the birds.

40)   पवन: पवतामस्मि

I am the wind  among purifiers

41)   राम: शस्त्रभृतामहम्

I am Lord Ram  among  wielders of weapons

42)   झषाणां मकरश्चास्मि

I am the crocodile among  water creatures

43)   स्रोतसामस्मि जाह्नवी 

I am the Ganges among  flowing rivers.

 

44)   सर्गाणामादिरन्तश्च मध्यं चैवाहम(or) अहमादिश्च मध्यं भूतानामन्त एव

I am  the beginning, middle, and end of all creation

45)   अध्यात्मविद्या विद्यानां 

I am the science of spirituality(Adyathmik) among all sciences,

46)   वाद: प्रवदतामहम्

I am the logical conclusion in debates.

47)   अक्षराणामकारोऽस्मि

I am the beginning “A”( अ) among all letters

48)   द्वन्द्व: सामासिकस्य  

I am the dual word(dwandha samas) in grammatical compounds

49)   अहमेवाक्षय: कालो 

I am the endless Time

50)   धाताहं विश्वतोमुख:

I am Brahma among creators.

51)   मृत्यु: सर्वहरश्चाहम

I am the all-devouring Death

52)   मुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम्

I am the origin of those things that are yet to be created

53)   कीर्ति: श्रीर्वाक्च नारीणां स्मृतिर्मेधा धृति: क्षमा 

I am fame, prosperity, fine speech, memory, intelligence, courage, and forgiveness Among feminine qualities.

54)   बृहत्साम तथा साम्नां

I am Brihatsam among the hymns in the Sāma Veda

55)   गायत्री छन्दसामहम्

I am the Gayatri among poetic meters.

56)   मासानां मार्गशीर्षोऽहम

I am Margsheersh of the twelve months of the Hindu calendar

57)   मृतूनां कुसुमाकर:

 I am spring (which brings forth flowers) among seasons

58)   द्यूतं छलयतामस्मि

I am the gambling of the cheats

59)   तेजस्तेजस्विनामहम्

I am the splendor of the splendid

60)   जयोऽस्मि व्यवसायोऽस्मि

 I am the victory of the victorious

61)   सत्त्वं सत्त्ववतामहम् 

I am the resolve of the resolute, and the virtue of the virtuous.

62)   वृष्णीनां वासुदेवोऽस्मि

I am Krishna  among the descendants of Vrishni

63)   पाण्डवानां धनञ्जय:

I am Arjun among the Pandavas

64)   मुनीनामप्यहं व्यास:

I am the  vedvyas among the sages

65)   कवीनामुशना कवि

I am the Shukracharya among  the great thinkers.

66)   दण्डो दमयतामस्मि

I am just punishment among means of preventing lawlessness

67)   नीतिरस्मि जिगीषताम् 

I am the proper conduct among those who seek victory.

68)   मौनं चैवास्मि गुह्यानां

I am silence among secrets,

69)   ज्ञानं ज्ञानवतामहम् 

I am the wisdom in the wise.

70)   यच्चापि सर्वभूतानां बीजं तदहम

I am the generating seed of all living beings,

71)   तदस्ति विना यत्स्यान्मया भूतं चराचरम्

I am the reason for existence of   moving or non-moving creatures. No creature moving or non-moving can exist without me.

72)   नान्तोऽस्ति मम दिव्यानां विभूतीनां

I have many divine manifestations. There is no end to my divine manifestations

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment